Monday, July 3, 2017

How the Light Gets In (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #9) --by Louise Penny

Fiction / Mystery  

545 pages / 2062 KB
5 Stars

I admit, I had to know if my 'family' was fine – I read a wee bit at the very end. I'm pleased to state knowing that little bit did not detract from the book. I still had to read the book, and could hardly read it fast enough. In fact, I should probably tell you, I read it in one day! Be forewarned. Do not start this late at night--unless you do not need/want sleep.

This is the 5th in the series I've read, and of those, it was by far the best. (I've read 1, 6, 7, 8, and now 9). Where The Beautiful Mystery left us with several unanswered questions, How the Light Gets In answers them. Had I not had the next book available, I might have thought the series finished, but it didn't.

Where The Beautiful Mystery left me with too many unanswered questions, this book answered them, tied them neatly with a beautiful bow. And answered them well. I have come to love the people of Three Pines, and those involved with Chief Inspector Gamache, and am glad to report my love has not been misplaced.


My faith has been restored. I feel better for having read this book than before I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment