Sunday, July 23, 2017

Apocryphal Tales of the Mad Mullah –by J. W. Durham

Fiction / Fables  
134 pages
5 Stars

This is a delightful little book. Little being the operative word. It is 4" by 7" and filled with short (about 3-5 pages) fables as told by the Mad Mullah. My only quibble with the book is it was self-published and seems unavailable from anyone other than the author, or one 3d party seller who wants an exorbitant amount of money for it. As much as I enjoyed the book, I would not recommend anyone spend $36.00 for it.

Each fable ends with a short epigram that ties everything together nicely. Although these fables are told by/about the Mad Mullah, this is not a book by/about Islam. It is a book by/about living with your neighbor in peace and harmony.


I parsed these stories out, one or two a night, and used them as my last reading of the night. A truly lovely way to end my day and close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment