Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels-A Love Story --by Ree Drummond

Nonfiction / Autobiography  

357 pages / 1291 KB
5 Stars

I don't remember when I've so thoroughly enjoyed a book! I chuckled aloud in most chapters, and out-loud laughed in many of them.

Ree had spent 7 years getting her education and living in the big city of Las Angeles. When her boyfriend of 4 of those years got a job in San Francisco, he just assumed she would come, too. She went back home to her wee town in Oklahoma to spend some time before heading off to Chicago for a career in the Windy City. And then she met, as she calls him, Marlboro Man, and all bets were off.

Marlboro Man was a cattle rancher. He wore cowboy boots. She wore black spikey heels. He wore Wranglers; she wore Anne Klein's. He kept ranching hours. She didn't. What could possibly go wrong? As it turns out, not much!


If I read this story as romantic fiction, I'd have a very hard time suspending my disbelief. But, then, I so seldom read romantic fiction.... This is a delightful story, made the more so because it is true. And how wonderful to read that there is still this kind of love out there, and people find it, and live it, and then share it with those of us who may not have found our Marlboro Man. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment