Monday, February 12, 2024

The Warrior’s Apprentice (Vorkosigan Book 2 of 16) Kindle Edition –Lois McMaster Bujold

 ASIN: B005DNGSUU

Publisher: Spectrum Literary Agency, Inc. (July 19, 2011)

Language: English

File Size: 993 KB

Text to Speech: Enabled

Print length: 372 pages

5 Stars

 

I’ve been told that one of the things all successful writers must learn is to know when to kill their darlings, and then do it. Unfortunately, authors and readers don’t always agree. She killed one of my chosen darlings, one of my most favorite characters. How dare she!!! Well, I guess she thought it was time, and since we’ve never met, she couldn’t have called for my input. Drat! (I’m still hoping he’ll get resurrected, but it’s a fading hope.)

 

Bujold has the perfect timing to write these books. The action never gets bogged down, there is enough humor to chuckle and snort and now and then laugh out loud (even when she does kill the wrong darling!). The sub plots thicken or are other wisely solved. And the adventure just keeps going.

 

Science Fiction at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment