Saturday, February 10, 2024

Sebastian (Ephemera Book 1) Kindle Edition --by Anne Bishop

 ASIN: B000PC0SD2

Publisher: Ace (February 7, 2006

Language: English

Text-to-speech: Enabled

File size: 705 KB

Print length: 460 pages

5 Stars

 

If I have told myself once, I’ve told myself a bazillion times, “Self, DO NOT BUY the entire series at the same time! You will never pause between books to write your reviews!” I confess, and humbly apologize if this review is also a partial review of Book 2, 3, and or 4. I know better, but I must be honest, if the series is by Anne Bishop, the temptation is too great! And I’ve never been disappointed.

 

Once again, Bishop has come up with a fantastic series, where certain people (Landscapers) can communicate with the world, Ephemera. And there are Bridges who can open gateways/bridges between the countries or lands that are cared for by the Landscapers. And, there are Wizards, who for the most part are not nice people. Oh, and demons. Oh, yes, the demons are wonderful beings.

 

While Bishop’s other universes tend toward darkness, Ephemera has a nice balance, and some downright humorous situations. Sebastian lives in the Den of Iniquity, a land his cousin, Glorianna Belladonna cares for as a Landscaper and built for him. Several sub plots, which get finished before those dreaded words, “The End.”

 

Once started, I had a hard time putting the book/s down. Yes, this book is erotic, and sexy, and I really, really, Really, did not want to reach those dreaded words, “The End.”

No comments:

Post a Comment