Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Wild Country (World of the Others, The #2) –by Anne Bishop

Fiction / Fantasy
496 pages 
5 Stars

I read fiction for one reason, and one reason only – to escape my reality for a few hours. I have one criterion for fiction – I want to be happier/feel better for having read and finished the book than when I picked it up. That said, this book met my criterion.

Rumors are circulating that this is the last book in The Others series that Ms. Bishop will write. I truly hope not. Her world of Namid is great fun to get lost in. Just not too lost, for you want to be inside during the hours of darkness when the Elders are about.

The world of Namid is similar enough to ours to be recognizable, and different enough to at times be downright scary. The Elders/terra indigene rule the world where humans are tolerated as long as they obey the rules, which really aren't that hard. As long as they remember they are NOT the top of the food chain. It does give one pause to think on that.

If you've read the previous books, this one will re-introduce you to many of the earlier people. If you haven't read the earlier books, I recommend you read Written in Red and the others before this one. 

Humans, at least some, survived the Great Predation. Will they survive each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment