Sunday, March 10, 2019

New Orleans Unleashed --by Rhonda Findley & John DeMers, phots by Vanessa S. Brown

Poetry/Photographs
70 pages
5 Stars n Barks

On a recent trip to the French Quarter, my friend and I stopped in to browse a new/used bookstore. We both like to patronize small, indy stores. Alas, I had my small dog with me (maybe he's medium, at 12 lbs?) so Sammy Brave Dog and I waited outside the store. The proprietor opened the door and began a conversation with Sammy (Chihuahua) and invited him to come in and shop. Oh, and me, the human at the other end of the leash.

As I was paying for the book I bought, she gave me this book. "I've had it for years, just waiting for someone who loves dogs like you do." Of course, the gift, and her treatment of Sammy probably tinted my glasses rose, but I enjoyed the heck out of the book.

The photography is great, the little poems of Indy's travels through New Orleans are fun, but the star of the show is the dog, Indy, who is separated from his humans and searches NOLA until he finds them, giving us quite the tour. I enthusiastically give it 5 stars for pure fun. Sammy Brave Dog gives it 5 barks!

No comments:

Post a Comment