Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Omaha to Ogallala --by Terry Korth Fischer

Nonfiction / Memoir
203 pages
5 stars

Disclaimer: I had the opportunity to read the ARC.

I love a good memoir, and I love a good travel story. Ms. Fischer did an excellent job of combining the two. I had the honor of traveling to parts of the country she mentions in her book, but for entirely different reasons and therefore I saw an entirely different landscape. I much prefer hers.

The Korth sisters, of varying ages, decide to take a road trip in the hopes of rekindling their childhood friendship and closeness. The youngest is adopted and wants to find her birth parents. This brings a tension to the group as they never saw her as adopted, and they don't know how to react, threatening the tenuous bond of sisterhood. The older ones never saw the younger one as anything other than 'Sister.'

This is a delightful story of sisters and nieces and cousins and a great definition as to the definition and meaning of Family, with a capital F. 

No comments:

Post a Comment