Friday, March 27, 2020

The Queen's Bargain (Black Jewels Book #10) --by Anne Bishop

Fiction / Fantasy (Adult/Dark)
427 pages / 2251 KB
5 Stars

I picked up the first Black Jewels Trilogy back in 2016 and became hooked on both Ms. Bishop's writing, and her universe. I have since read several of the Black Jewels books, though not in order (If this is a new series to you, I strongly advise you to read the first three books to get a feel for the style and the characters and the underlying stories, and then read them as you get them).  I have read all of her Other books, and loved them, too.

Lord Dillon made a youthful mistake, from what he thought was undying love, and his reputation has been besmirched. He needs to get it repaired, but is hounded by his past.

Daemon Sadi and his wife, Surreal are in the throes of marital discord, though neither truly knows why.

Jillian is still works in Lucivar's household, and has met her first true love, the Lord Dillon. 

Lucivar knows something is wrong with his brother, Sadi; something is wrong with Lord Dillon; something is wrong with...well, you get the picture. 

Oh, and the Scelties are having their problems, too. Especially with Janelle Satien who broke trust with one of them.

I tried reading a couple chapters a night. That lasted  maybe three nights, then I read the rest of the book the next day. I have little won't power where this world and these characters are involved.  Or any of Anne Bishop's novels.

Other books I've read and reviewed, by Ms. Bishop










No comments:

Post a Comment