Friday, March 27, 2020

The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom Book 1) --by Jeff Wheeler

Fiction /  Fantasy
404 pages / 5607 KB
5 Stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love the world Mr. Wheeler built. My biggest complaint is the fact this is book one of three, and books two and three are not yet available. Many of the reviews give clues to what awaits, I'll merely add that this was a page burner and I eagerly await the next two books.

Addendum for this blog:

Mr. Wheeler's world for this series, is a different medieval China (you knew that would hook me, didn't you?). The heroine is Bingmei, a young girl orphaned at the beginning and taken in and raised by an honorable house to become a warrior. She, of course, must make decisions all through the book about what is honorable, what is easy, what is right. Those do not always align. And sometimes she makes the wrong choice when given wrong or conflicting information. And then she must correct it. Easier said than done.

Fortunately, Books 2 & 3 are available for pre-order, and I have ordered. Of course, by the time they are available, I will have totally forgotten I've ordered them, and will think it's a Winter Gift of whatever month it arrives.




No comments:

Post a Comment