Wednesday, March 9, 2016

House of Rejoicing: Part 1 of The Book of Coming Forth by Day (Volume 1) -- by Libbie Hawker

Fiction / Historical
476 pages
4 Stars

This is the first Libbie Hawker book I've read. It will not be the last!

I love reading about Ancient Egypt, especially about Amenhotep/Akhenaten and the upheaval he caused.

Let's be clear about something right off the bat – this is FICTION. Does she write about some of the characters as I think they might have been? No. But I like her ideas. Like some reviewers, I thought it ended rather abruptly, and then I realized this is Part 1 of 2 parts, and the rest of it must be in the second part? Perhaps? Do ya think?

Ms. Hawker has obviously done a great deal of research for this series of books, and I found her characters if not to my liking, pretty well developed, with the possible exception of Akhenaten, but I'm willing to see if he develops in the later books.

One of the fun things about historical fiction, especially about times so far gone in history as to be at best covered in dust, is the author can do anything she wants, and tell the story the way she wants to. And this is a great story. I look forward to reading Part 2. And it still falls within the realms of possibility and reality.


A great read. Heartily recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment