Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Green Glass

Green Glass –by Pat Nelson Klud

Fiction, Christian, Romance
217 pages
4 Stars


Disclaimer #1: I think the last time I knowingly picked up, bought, and read Christian Lit was over 30 years ago.
Disclaimer #2: I know I have never picked up, bought, and read Romance unless it was a cross-genre to something else like Science Fiction or Fantasy. So, why did I knowingly buy and read Green Glass? Because of
Disclaimer #3: I've known the author longer than most of you reading this review have been alive and I like to support my friends when I can ;-)

I suppose I should mention, right up front, that my friend Pat and I do not share the same faith. And because of that, I do not think I can, with any authority, comment on the religious aspects brought up in this book, and because of its genre, it's filled with her faith. If you are a Christian, you will probably enjoy that aspect considerably more than I.

This is what I would call a 'gentle' story. It is a love story, a romance, and a mystery, all brought to a satisfying conclusion by the end of the book. This is Pat's first novel, but not her first writing, and I was delighted to see her name on the cover, and hold her book in my hands.


She took several lives and gave us enough of each to know the characters, and wove them together into a story of warmth and mystery. This was a pleasant story, no sex or violence, and very well written. (That's why I gave her 4 Stars – it's well written!) It won't be everyone's book, but if you're looking for a light read, this just might be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment