Sunday, November 28, 2021

Thinking About Thinking -- not quite essays --by Margaret Randall

 Nonfiction: essays, philosophy, modern history

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1735151645

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1735151649

Casa Urraca Press

September 7, 2021

260 pages

5 stars

 

I saw Ms. Randall at her book-launch in Albuquerque. She was launching two books, and I promised myself I would buy one and only one. By the time the launch was over both books were on their way to me. The other is a book of poetry I’m still reading.

 

I absolutely loved these not quite essays. Mini essays? She told about her times in Latin America, about coming home to the States and facing deportation by our Government. Oddly, I remember being glued to the news at that time. I had no idea until I started reading the two women were really the one. I’m delighted she wasn’t deported. 

 

She taught me some interesting history I didn’t know, wasn’t sure about, and I looked it up—she was spot on. I’d love to take a history class from her.

 

She discusses anything and just about everything she might have a thought or opinion on. From Alan Turing and the Fear of Being Different to the Silliness Gene. She tells us about becoming Elizabeth Taylor to How We Feed Ourselves. Every piece was different, and every piece made me want more. Every not quite essay taught me something, and that, ladies and gentlemen, makes the book marvelous!

1 comment:

  1. TOTO: Titanium Pen - TOTO.com
    TOTO.com is a premium TOTO supplier in Solingen. It has babyliss pro nano titanium hair dryer a babyliss pro titanium wide titanium nitride coating service near me range of speciality products. We produce our products babyliss nano titanium in titanium welder high quality and premium $4.99 · ‎Out of stock

    ReplyDelete