Sunday, August 22, 2021

Nailed (A Ron Ketchum Mystery Book 1) —by Joseph Flynn

 Fiction / Mystery

342 Pages / 2173 KB

5 Stars

 

As I’ve stated on several reviews, I read fiction for the escape and to feel better when I put the book down than when I picked it up. Mr. Flynn has yet to let me down.

 

My favorite series of his, to date, has been the John Tall Wolf series. Ron Ketchum is running a mighty close, photo-finish second. (And I see where the next Ron Ketchum book features John Tall Wolf in it! It will be loaded on my reader before this review is posted. Honest. Trust me.)

 

This book has a mountain lion out hunting humans, a racist killer nailing a black minister to a black, charred tree. A town mayor “for life” who is a high-rolling movie star. Killers, scammers, and down-home boys trying to do their jobs and maintain the peace. 

 

The only think about this book I didn’t like was it was too short, and I reached the end. Fortunately, (and I just checked my reader) Defiled is downloaded and ready to read. Alas, it will be my carrot. When chores are finished, I have a date with John Tall Wolf AND Ron Ketchum.

No comments:

Post a Comment