Wednesday, August 4, 2021

An Insomniac's Slumber Party with Marilyn Monroe --by Heidi Seaborn

 Nonfiction / Poetry

84 pages

5 Stars

 

Have you ever wondered what it would have been like to have been Norma Jean/Marilyn? Well, wonder no more! Heidi Seaborn did a fantastic job of researching and imagining and then putting all those imaginings into poems.

 

If you plan on your own slumber party with Marilyn, put on your sexiest and go to bed early, because once you start these poems, you will resent having to put the book down before you are finished reading. 

 

I very seldom suggest you read a book of poetry straight through, but these just naturally lead one to the other and you just naturally have to go to the next, the next, the next, the…

 

I laughed. I became intimate with anger. I cried. And when the book was finished, I started over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment