Saturday, August 14, 2021

Binti: The Complete Trilogy --by Nnedi Okorafor

 Fiction / Science Fiction Fantasy

366 pages / 3758 KB

5 Stars (x4) 

 

Wow! Where to start? The world building was wonderful. I had no trouble finding my way through the worlds. I had some questions, the answers to which were not important to the story, so when they weren’t answered, I was okay with that.

 

Being a math phobe since forever, I wasn’t sure how I would get along with the protagonist being a math genius who did math to relax, fortunately, the wee bit we read was just enough to know she was way beyond me, but not enough to toss me out of the story. In other words, for me, the amount of math was perfect.

 

I became enthralled with the main characters, and hope the author revisits the planets and people again at a later date. I’d like to know what comes next. There were some interesting hints dropped at the end that could be at least one more book. If not, I’ll be happy for the opportunity to read Binti, and look forward to more of Ms. Okorafor’s books.

 

Loved the story, the worlds, the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment