Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Ruining the New Road –Poems by William Matthews

Poetry
76 Pages
5 Stars

Each reader brings her, or his, own stories to whatever is being read, and when Part I did not speak to me, I kept reading. Parts II and III were just what the doctor ordered. These poems not only spoke to me, they sang to me. The good news is, the next time I read Part I, I know I will be in a different place, and then those poems may sing to me.

Matthews takes us on a road through Living. From throwing "...the morning over/ our left shoulders/" to breathing "...back/ at the coffee,/" and everything in between. Some days are good, and some not so much, but the poetry will carry you through to the end.


It's a good book, worth the investment of both money and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment