Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Lesser Fields --by Rob Schlegel

Poetry  

64 pages / 105 KB
5 Stars

Poetry should live on the page, or if need be, die on the page. Schlegel brings his poetry to life, and when necessary, to death on the page. And he does so with great beauty and tenderness.

This collection of short poems will feed you. They will bring smiles for the very beauty of his words. The images he evokes will, if you're a poet, bring jealousy that he wrote the words, evoked the images, and not you.

I had every intention of reading, and savoring, these poems one at a time. To limit myself to one per night. Well, you know about intentions and using them to pave certain highways – I gulped these poems over three nights. Many I went back and re-read, then re-read them again.


I am delighted to have this book in my library, and look forward to many evenings of reading it again. And again.

No comments:

Post a Comment