Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gun Games

Gun Games –by Faye Kellerman

Fiction, Police Procedural
467 pages

I read few police procedurals, but when I find an author I like, one I know won't bog me down with gruesome details, I know I'm in for a good read, and Gun Games was a very good read.

For those of you who don't know, Mrs. Kellerman is married to the award winning novelist, Jonathon Kellerman. Both authors are practicing Orthodox Jew, and that plays into their books in important ways.

Peter Decker, the police Lt. has been begged to investigate the "suicide" of a young boy by his distraught mother. In the meantime, the Deckers have taken in the teen aged son and musical prodigy of a friend, an ex Mafioso, so he can get the training he needs before entering Julliard School of Music.

Of course, the two stories intertwine, and their is a love interest for Gabe, the boy, as he meets and falls in love with not just a pretty Jewess, but a Persian Orthodox Jew. Gabe is not a Jew. Can you see the troubles coming?

There are love struck teenagers, a high school "Mafia," Holy Days that must be observed, and a rather surprising ending.

For those who follow this series, Rina Lazarus (Decker's wife) does not play such an important part in this one, but she is there. This time her role is more supportive mother than detective.


For a good read, with an interesting twist or two, get this book. Frankly, I enjoyed the heck out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment