Thursday, January 10, 2013

A good Laugh Amongst Friends


Seriously...I'm Kidding –by Ellen DeGeneres

Memoir
256 pages
footnotes/endnotes: Yes (* on page one and notes on page last)
Illustrations: Yes – line drawings made to color
Suitable for eReaders: Yes (read it on my Kindle)

I am not a fan of talk shows, but I am a fan of Ellen DeGeneres. She's cute, she's funny, and she doesn't use put down humor – at least that I've seen. She is also, like Michael J. Fox, an incurable optimist. Since I do most of my reading at night, in bed, before sleep, I want something that won't give me nightmares when I turn off the lights, and if I get laughs in my dreams, so much the better.

Ellen has a lot to say in this book. I haven't read her others, but they are now on my list. If it is possible to feel better for having read a book, I feel better for having read this one! This book is hilariously laugh out loud funny, it is uplifting, and there are a few nuggets of gold sprinkled throughout. Including, I think, The Secret. Since she shared it with her readers, I'm going to quote it here:

"Happiness comes from within. You have the power to change your own mind-set so that all the negative, horrible thoughts that try to invade your psyche are replaced with happy, positive, wonderful thoughts."  She goes on to state that, "Happiness is a journey, not a destination."

I have found both those statements, in one form or another, to be true. Also true is that, "Happiness is a choice, and not always an easy one!" by Richard Bach

So if you need a little happiness in your life (and who doesn't?) get a copy of this book and read it. The chapters are just the right length to read while sitting in the Throne Room;-)

Need a good escape? Read, Seriously...I'm Kidding! Need a bunch of laughs? Read, Seriously...I'm Kidding! Need answers to life's niggling questions? Read, uh wait, Seriously...I'm Kidding;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment