Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Queen's Weapons (Black Jewels Book 11) --by Anne Bishop

 Fiction / Fantasy

541 pages / 2126 KB

5 Stars

 

 

This is a coming of age book for Jaenelle Satien, with her cousins and school mates along for the ride. It is about a young aristo antagonist with delusions of grandeur of becoming the next Dorothea and welcomes Jaenell Satien into her coterie. She’s smart enough to set the wheels in motion, but not smart enough to outthink or out wit Daemon Sadi. She is sure if she were ever to dance with the Sadist, she’d win. Oh, child…

 

Surreal and Daemon are mostly clueless on how to raise a teenaged girl. Well, what first time parents of same aren’t? Surreal loves her, but isn’t sure how to show it, especially against such angst (OMG, without the magic, that was me against my mother! Thank goodness my mother wasn’t a trained assassin!), Daemon and Surreal continue to figure out their relationship, while doing their best to protect Jaenelle Satien and keep her safe. 

 

I promised myself one chapter a night. Uh-huh. Read one chapter the first night. Read about four hours on day two, and read all day on day three until finished. I know better. Really, I do. Ms. Bishop’s book are worse than certain potato chips—I can’t eat just one, I can’t read just one chapter of her books!

 

If you are not familiar with this series, I strongly advise you to start at the beginning. Once through the trilogy, I think you can skip around, but there is a lot of back story there for the later novels.


For my reviews of other Anne Bishop books, go here

No comments:

Post a Comment