Saturday, July 23, 2022

A Trifle Dead (Cafe La Femme Mysteries, Book 1)-- by Livia Day

 Fiction / Cozy / Tasmania

Deadlines

November 22, 2013

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B00D09W7P4

3184 KB

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0987216295

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0987216298

370 pages

5 Stars

 

Started this book a day before leaving on a journey. Since I was driving, I couldn’t read until I got to my destination. Trust me, it just isn’t couth to arrive at a friend’s and shut yourself away to finish reading a novel. I really wanted to, but I was a good visitor.

 

Don’t think I’ve ever read a book with Tasmania as the background. That was fun, and the characters were great fun. I’m enthralled with Day’s ability to write the Scottish brogue the way she does. Not too often, and not too much, but just right. Thanks to this book, I am now homesick for a place I’ve never been!

 

The characters are all believable, and for the most part, downright likeable. Even the bad guy was likeable, until we figured out who he really was. They were also each their own person. Loved the gal who makes adult cakes and cookies, the Scot, the cops. Even the landlord. And Hobart is like I imagine a small city or a large town. Everyone knows everyone. 

 

But, the biggest thrill came after The End. She has recipes! Real recipes. And they look mahvelous, dahling. Simply mahvelous!

 

For a fun read, and recipes, too, buy this book. It will feed your soul as well as your body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment