Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Beautiful Mystery: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #8–by Louise Penny

Fiction / Mystery  

384 pages / 1711 KB
4 Stars

I loved this book! I have been in love with the Gregorian Chants since I was a kid, and I love how Ms Penny used them as the background of this novel. Because I know little of monastic orders, I could suspend my disbelief and just read, and enjoy this story.

That said, I must also state I found the ending somewhat abrupt and less than satisfactory, hence the 4 stars instead of 5. There were unanswered questions asked in this book that I hope will be answered in the next one. I am still reeling from the tragedy in the warehouse, and now I must contend, at least until I read #9.


When I read fiction, I want to feel better when I finish the book than when I started it. I do not have that with this book. I will continue the series, because she has made me care for the characters, and I want to get all the loose ends tied up in a pretty ribbon by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment