Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mrs. Pollifax and the Lion Killer --by Dorothy Gilman

Fiction / Mystery (Cozy)
218 pages
4 Stars

This is my introduction to Mrs. Pollifax, so I have no idea how it compares to the rest of the series. I found it moderately entertaining, enough that I finished it. Mysteries are not my normal reading genre, and when I read them, I try not to figure out who the bad guy is so the ending won't be ruined when I get there.

This is a book I would be delighted to find on the hospital book cart, should I find myself confined to such a place. Mrs. P and the Lion Killer is easy to read, easy to put down, and easy to pick up again later.

The title is somewhat misleading; it is not about a person who goes to Africa to kill lions, but about the man who kills others like a lion might.


If you are a fan of the Miss Jane Marple books by Agatha Christie, I think you will enjoy the Mrs. Pollifax books.  While there is violence, it is neither gratuitous, nor graphic, and there is a great deal of humor. And, true to the "cozy" format, it ends well for everyone but the antagonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment