Saturday, February 6, 2021

Death Retires (Death Retired Mysteries Book 1) --by Cate Lawley

 Fiction / Mystery / Cozy /paranormal

298 pages / 1482 KB

5 Stars

 

 

This was my first Cate Lawley book. It will NOT be my last. Full disclosure here, but I found the beginning humorous, but not overly so. After reading the book, I think that was Reader Error, not Writer Error. Once into chapter 4 or 5, I had a hard time putting it down. I was reading in bed, and kept saying, ‘Just one more chapter,’ until I reached the end. Loved it. I haven't laughed this much in ages.

 

Clarence, the bobcat, stole the book. What’s odd is, many years ago, I had a cat who was half ‘wild cat’ of some description (daddy was a cougar is the best guess), and I had NO problem visualizing Clarence. If my cat could have talked, I think it would have been much the same.

 

No bad language, in fact Geoff (the retired death) forbids it. Poor Clarence. I look forward to reading the rest of the series, especially Clarence. No sex. Adult situations. Yes, I would let my younger kids read the books. If my younger kids were still younger;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment