Sunday, August 16, 2020

Kingdom of the Blind --by Louise Penny (Inspector Gamache series_

 Fiction / mystery

375 pages / 6643 KB

5 stars

 

Once again, I had a mini vacation to a fictional village, with fictional friends. As one of my t-shirts says, “Books make me homesick for places I’ve never been and people I’ve never met.” I do so enjoy my mini vacations to Three Pines and the surrounding areas. And to see what my friends are up to. A good cup of coffee, friendly gossip, and I’m good to go until the next book comes out.

 

This is the first book Ms. Penny wrote after her beloved husband died. It must have been terribly difficult, as well as rewarding.

 

Armand and Myrna and one other person unknown to them, have been chosen as executors to an estate of a woman they’ve never met. It doesn’t take long for a body to appear, in a most unorthodox place and manner. The “Countess” as she was known, has three adult children, why weren’t they chosen as executors? Why strangers with no apparent connection? How did one end up dead in his childhood home?

 

All good questions, and all questions will be answered by the last page. If you’re a fan of Gamache, I think you’ll enjoy this one, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment