Sunday, September 8, 2019

Drowning with Others --by Linda Keir

fiction / literary
379 pages / 3758 KB
3 Star

I wasn't going to review this book, because I didn't read all of it. The 3 star rating is the best I could do as "neutral"

I found the premise of the book fascinating, but about the time I was at the 40% mark, I realized there wasn't a single character in the book I cared about. I didn't relate to any, I didn't like any, and I didn't dislike any. I put the book down. Then I kind of wondered if the guy had been killed, and if so, by whom or in fact had died by suicide or accident, so I picked it up again, and did something I so seldom do I can't remember the last time I did it—I skipped to the end, read it, and answered my question. 

I found out how the guy died. 

In all honesty, I tend to read more genre books than literary, so perhaps if you are an aficionado of literary books, please, discount this review. But if you are more fond of genre books then give it a tad more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment