Friday, April 5, 2019

Paralysis (Dr. Fox Marshal Thriller) --by Jeff D. Copeland

Fiction / Thriller 
461 pages / 1906 KB
5 Stars

Truth to tell, I am in awe of Mr. Copeland's intellect, and the fact this is his debut novel. It did not read like a debut novel, though a few unanswered questions remained at the end.

Paralysis is a fast-paced novel, at times I felt I was on a roller coaster and considered taking Dramamine. I would love to see his original timeline. There are no chapters; each segment (all fairly short) is identified with a time and location. It worked. Except I would have liked a pause now and then to stop and smell the roses. Hell, just to breathe!

Obviously, Copeland has a background in science, and his use of science and viruses seemed good to me. I do not have such a background, but it seemed pretty logical, and he never lost me. 

If you like thrillers complete with car chases on a windy cliff road, a little romance, and travel up the Amazon Basin looking for a "lost tribe" of warriors, and corporate espionage, this is the book for you. Heartily recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment