Tuesday, April 26, 2022

The Admiral's Wife --by M. K. Tod

 Fiction / Historical / Mystery / Love

Heath Street Publishing

April 12, 2022

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B09XRCKX7F

844 KB

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0991967070

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0991967070

384 Pages

Print Price: $16.99

5 Stars

 

I knew I was in for several treats when I opened this book. M. K. Tod is one of my favorite writers of historical fiction. And she wrote about one of my favorite countries—Hong Kong, China. I feel like I’ve been there, way back and modern.

 

I found the characters to be quite believable. In fact, I’m sure I know some of them! They just have different names. ;-)

 

Ms. Tod invites me into her novels and by the time I finish them, I feel like I was there. I not only have an emotional tie to her characters, I feel like I have had a vacation to a new and fascinating country.

 

This is one of those books where you really ought to consider checking in to a nice hotel with room service and read at your undisturbed leisure! Read it slow, absorb it, revel in two different times of one exotic world. Enjoy that mini vacation to the max. 

No comments:

Post a Comment