Sunday, March 6, 2022

In the Shadow of Twilight, Love Poems —by MM Williams

 Nonfiction / Poetry 

Independently published

January 31, 2022

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B09RFWR89L

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 979-8410429078

$16.00

43 Pages

5 Stars

 

In the interest of full disclosure and honesty, I hereby admit I am a Facebook Friend with MM Williams. The primary reason I am his friend is he posts his poetry, and I love it. Fortunately, I also follow him on another source, so knew when this new book came out.

 

As the book title states, these are love poems. They speak of heart ache and heart happy. From the first poem, “I Love You” to the last, “Return to the Sea” your emotions will be played by a master of the words. 

 

Williams has a style I’ve come to love. Almost stream of conscious, but I know it really isn’t because each word is carefully placed. His poetry is free. Imagine being a kite, caught in the wind and the string breaks. You go on a journey from here to there and further still. Your heart is the kite. You see things in great clarity, but then you flew on.

 

“O crystal horse of night, …” begins “Take Me”.  “The Heart is a Cage for Broken Wings” ends by singing his fugitive queen “who emptied my heart, / and turned it into a cage for broken wings.”

 

These poems are sensual, passionate, they tell of love and loss and ache. They are beautiful. Each poem has at least one line that will stop you with its brilliance. It will be a line meant only for you, and you will recognize that. “Night comes shadow wept,” (“Chronicles”) “Ah, in the dark sky of my eyes your memory blazes” (“In the Shadow of Twilight”)

 

If you’ve ever been in love with someone, or somehow have missed that exquisite pain, buy and read this book. It is a treasure of great worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment