Wednesday, September 2, 2020

The Woman in the Moonlight: A Novel --by Patricia Morrisroe

 Fiction / Historical Romance*

381 pages / 3759 KB

5+ Stars

 

One of the most captivating novels I’ve read in a while. Though a novel, a great deal of research went into it, and Morrisroe brings the characters alive. I knew Beethoven went deaf, but, oh, the heartache, the pain.

 

As a child, I took violin lessons—and though I loved classical music, I didn’t (and still don’t) have a musical molecule in my body. Of necessity, this book is filled with music, and fortunately, I am somewhat familiar with the music discussed. I could, literally hear it as I read. 

 

I don’t know if it was intentional on the author’s part, and I somehow think it was, this is an older fashioned ‘told story’ rather than a more modern one that is ‘shown.’ I rather enjoy a well-told story and had no problem with it.

 

What a most delightful, sumptuous, way of time travel to a romantic period of European history. The balls, the forced marriages, the gowns. Sumptuous! Brava, Madame Morrisroe. Brava!!!

 

*It’s really a love story. A gorgeous, beautiful Love Story.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment