Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Night Swimmers by Peter Rock

Fiction / autobiographical

272 pages 

5 Stars

 

 

I’m not positive how to review this. I listened to a recording of the book, so didn’t actually read it. I think I would have preferred reading the book, than listening to it, but I may be wrong. This is my first audiobook in several years and my introduction to Mr. Rock, and I will be checking out more of his novels. In hard copy.

 

Not knowing what to expect, I spent the time actually listening, not trying to do other things while listening. I didn’t know if this would be a male coming of age, or what. It is ‘or what.’

 

The story revolves around his returning home after college to work on a novel and lives with his parents at their summer home on the lake, where he goes swimming after dark. He meets a new widow about twice his age, and they begin swimming together at night. She is rather enigmatic, secretive actually, and a certain swim, changes everything. She leaves, he moves on, but he never forgets her, and years later, they meet again.

 

Had I read the book; I probably would have read it in one sit. I listened to it in one sit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment