Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Ten Little Indians --by Sherman Alexie

 Publisher: Grove Press; Reprint edition (March 17, 2004)

Language: English

Paperback: 243 pages

ISBN-13: 978-080214117;0

5 Stars

 

In full disclosure, I’ve been in literary lust with Sherman Alexie since I first read one of his books, and the lust lives. No, I’ve never met him. And I am NOT in lust with him, just his writing.

 

Also, my copy of Ten Little Indians is probably somewhat different than yours, as I read an “Uncorrected Proof.” 

 

I love short stories. And these did not disappoint. I laughed in many, got sad in a couple, and angry in one or two. Most stories are funny, most offer insight and might give you something to think about. Like Rez humor? Read this book. There is a reason Alexie wins awards for his writing. 

 

But why only 9 stories? Why not 10? Or did I miscount?

No comments:

Post a Comment