Saturday, December 24, 2022

Take the Sun with You and Other Stories—by Gregory Allen Mendell.

 Publisher: KDP

September 26, 2022

1132 KB

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B0BGMPGG5M

4 Stars

 

I truly do love a good short story, and to find a collection of good science fiction short stories, by a scientist no less, is wonderful.

 

These stories are what I believe is called “Hard Science Fiction” and I enjoyed them very much. Especially the last one. While I enjoyed all of them, the last one was my favorite.

 

If you take the science out of these stories, they will not hold together. And that, my friends is how to tell good science fiction from fantasy.

 

Mendell is a scientist and worked at the Hanford Site for many years. If he writes that A = Ax, then, if you do the math, you will find A = Ax. In other words, as a rocket scientist, he writes darn good stories. 

 

These stories are the perfect stories to read before you turn the light out at night. They are fun and will not come back to haunt you at 0230 hours. Honest. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment