Thursday, January 13, 2022

School for Spirits: A Dead Girl and a Samurai (Spirit School Book 1) --by Aron Lewes

 Fiction / paranormal / Teen / YA / Death

Publication date: January 11, 2018

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B078YNFD4F

5138 KB

$0.00 as of date of review, 13 Jan 22

233 pages

3 Stars

 

I finished the book. That’s an automatic 3 Stars. I found the writing on its own roller-coaster. Some of it brought tears (when the young boy dies), some of it brought chuckles, but the protagonist was so unbelievable I decided the author had not spent nearly enough time with teenaged girls.

 

I could see the protagonist having the hots for a 3,000-year-old archangel, as well as the hots for a 300-year-old samurai. What was unbelievable was they having the hots for her. Okay, I can see the old angel, he just wants to bed her, but the samurai? No. Not so much.

 

The two teen girls, roommates, had some good back and forth. At least the first time. But it became old. Quickly. 

 

The premise of the story is different, at least to me, and could have been great fun. Alas, I finished it only because I had a lap full of sleeping dog and just couldn’t bring myself to move him.

 

I don’t think I’d recommend it for a teen. However, having said that, if a teen read it, it wouldn’t bother me too much. Not sure how some people will take the “Heaven” of the book, especially of suicide. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment