Thursday, December 17, 2020

The Girl Who Lived in a Shoe and other Torn-Up Tales —by Bernice Seward

 Fiction / Retold Fairytales

88 pages

5 Stars

 

Oh dear! I just realized I laughed all through a kiddie book! I thought the retold stories were for adults. Well, I loved them, and I heartily recommend them, both for the young people in your life and for the young person in you.

 

According to one review, this book is written for 2d /3d grade levels. I don’t care. It was fun. Pure and simple. 

 

Five authors wrote one story each, taking apart an old fairytale and making it modern and relevant to today. 

 

If you have young ones at home, I believe this is a book you can read to them over and over and over and not get bored, or use it to help them read. 

 

If you’re in your second childhood, you will, truly, enjoy these stories. And the artwork is delightful.

 

Buy this book for the young people in your life. But be sure to buy a copy for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment