Saturday, December 28, 2019

Poems in a Foreign Language --by Thomas Hubbard

Poetry
40 pages
5 Stars

This is a small, hand-stitched book by a gentle man. Mr. Hubbard is of mixed blood, and identifies as Native. His poems are from a Native perspective and deserve to be ranked up there with other, more well-known Native poets such as Joy Harjo and N. Scott Momaday. 

The Only Language I Speak is Foreign really spoke to me. And answered some of my childhood questions.  But my favorite one, at least for now, that will change as I reread the book, is Raining again (A Seattle Poem).

This book is available through Foothill Publishing at: http://foothillspublishing.com/2014/id95.htm and is truly worth the cost in money and more importantly in the time to read and reread. It belongs on the shelf of every lover of honest poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment