Friday, June 23, 2017

Inspector Ghote Draws a Line (Inspector Ghote Series) –H.R.F. Keating

Fiction / Mystery  

198 pages
4 Stars

I was in the mood for something light and, well, fluffy. Inspector Ghote filled the bill. I don't often read British mysteries, but I thought I'd try this one. It takes place in India, and Insp Ghote is sent from Bombay, his home base, to the hinterlands to stop a murder from happening. The about-to-be-victim is not interested in helping, until it becomes painfully obvious the soon-to-be-perpetrator is a member of his household.

This is not what I would call a page burner, but it was fun. Especially to see some of India, and how the cultures mix and mesh.


For my purposes, it was perfect. Gave me a much needed escape from my reality, and I felt better when I finished the story than when I began it.

No comments:

Post a Comment