Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Intention Tremor: A Hybrid Collection --by Tamara Kaye Sellman

 Nonfiction / Poetry

78 pages

5 Stars

 

I “met” Ms Sellman at the AWP Conference a few months ago. I forgot what panel she was on, but I was struck by her upbeat attitude, and looked for her book of poetry. I decided to take a chance, based on her attitude, that it would not be a “woe is me” book about her MS. It’s a delight, and she’s donating funds from the book to research.

 

It is about her MS and how she lives with it, and it isn’t always lightness and fun, but she discusses it with honesty, and often with humor. And to discover we shared a mutual friend was icing on the cake. 

 

These poems are genuine and filled with the emotions and passions of living. Sometimes intense, always honest. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment