Monday, October 19, 2020

The Vagina Bible --by Jen Gunter, MD

 Nonfiction / Medical 

432 pages

5 Stars

 

Oh. Em. Gee!!! A friend of mine, a retired MD, suggested I read this, and he also suggested it should be required reading for all medical students. As a lay person, I agree. I could hardly put it down.

 

It does read more like a textbook than a novel, but Dr. Gunter talks about a subject with ease, and humor, that many still find almost embarrassing to bring up. Myself included. I was raised in a very conservative family, and one just didn’t talk about such things unless in euphemism. For me, this book is a godsend, and I truly wish I’d had it when I was young and in child-bearing years!

 

If you think there is nothing humorous to write about a vagina, start with the cover of the book, a pink zipper, opened. All those teeth!!! ;-) And go from there. I laughed out loud often.

 

I read this book cover to cover, but it would also be a great book just to keep on your reference shelf. Or, read it cover to cover and then put it on your reference shelf.

 

I believe Ayelet Walman said it bed, “Buy this book if you have a vagina or if you spend any time at all in reasonably close proximity to one.” If you have a vagina, or know someone who does, I heartily recommend this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment