Thursday, April 16, 2020

Upstream, selected essays --by Mary Oliver

Nonfiction / essays
187 pages / 1778 KB
5 Stars

I am so sorry I never had the opportunity to meet Ms. Oliver, and so delighted to live in an age of books, where I can have her at my beck and call.

She has long been one of my favorite poets, and now she is also one of my favorite essayists. These essays, like her poems, are of everyday observations – the gull she rescued, the turtle she watched who laid her eggs, the dog who climbed fences and the dog catcher who brought him home. She saw beauty in everythin, and shared it with us.

The news is filled with Covid 19 as it rages around our planet, this book is filled with beauty and peace. It is a perfect antidote to our situation today.

Other books I've read and reviewed by Mary Oliver




No comments:

Post a Comment