Saturday, January 4, 2020

Cave of Bones A Leephorn, Chee & Manuelito Novel #22 --by Anne Hillerman

Fiction
419 Pages / 4110 KB
5 Stars

This is my first Anne Hillerman, it will not be my last! I read a couple of her father's books, and lost interest; however, I had heard such good things about Anne's I had to try one and am delighted I did. There are subtle differences in her treatment of Chee and Leaphorn that I like. And of all the books to pick up and read first, it had to be this one, about a camp for girls! That's a good thing. I could relate to it. 

Having just returned home after 15 months in Albuquerque, I admit her book brought a certain amount of nostalgia. Love the way she ties in modern life and police procedures with Navajo life on the reservation. And now I'm starved for Navajo fry bread!

Am delighted she has taken over the series, and look forward to reading the rest of her books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment