Monday, June 3, 2019

How to Build a Dinosaur: Extinction Doesn't Have to be Forever --Jack Horner & James Gorman

Nonfiction / Science 
256 pages
5 stars

I would be lying if I said I found this a page turner. I didn't. But it was fascinating. Perhaps due to the fact I would read a bit, put it down and cogitate what I had read. 

Although I don't think I'd care to visit, let alone live in, Jurassic Park, I find the idea of reverse engineering a chicken to a dino for dinner absolutely fascinating. 

As other reviewers have noted, the first part of the book was more about paleontology than embryology. While I don't think a background in science is necessary to read and enjoy this book, I do think a wee bit is a help. The book is written so a lay person can understand it without getting a headache.

If you're interested in the world we inhabit, this is a book to read. And reverse engineering a chicken to a dino will add to our knowledge both in general terms and perhaps more importantly in medical terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment