Monday, January 14, 2019

Jabberosity --by Weld Champneys

Nonfiction / Poetry
121 pages
5 Stars

This book was one of the bestest Winter Gifts I received. At first, the short poems were gobbled by my eyes, and then I realized this was not calorie-free eye candy. Yes, they are short (none is over a page, many considerably shorter) and I stopped gobbling, started over, and re-read those I'd already read, and read a few each night before turning out the light.

Many thought-provoking ideas here. Many laugh out loud poems, and some cry out loud ones, too. All are beautiful. Do I have a favorite or two, ya sure, you betcha, but the beauty of this book is the ones that were my faves the first time through may not be the second or third time through. And the ones that speak to me may not speak to you, at all, and vice versa. The beauty of poetry.

Mr. Champneys has a most delightful and playful way of writing. There is something of the innocence of childhood in these poems. Even if you have avoided poetry your whole life, or since grade school when you had to memorize something you had no interest in, take a chance, pick up this book. I bet you'll buy more copies as gifts for your friends and family. It's that good. It's that fun. It's that important.

No comments:

Post a Comment