Saturday, April 19, 2014

Here Come the Bears

Bears: Fun Facts and Amazing Photos of Animals in Nature by Emma Child


Nonfiction / Children
31 pages / 965 KB
5 Stars

I have read all but one of Ms. Child's books (the one on Spiders is the exception) and I have found all of them to be well researched and entertainingly written. This book is no exception.

Truly, I thought her book on Dolphins was the best, but now I fear it has slipped a half a degree down the scale, with Bears on the top.

Ms. Child's series of books is a great series to add to any child's library. If your child is too young to read, these books are written so an adult can read them. Several times if need be, and not become bored. I think these books would be great "Read Along" books, and the photos are marvelous!

As a child, I frequented the Portland (OR) Zoo, especially the Himalayan Sun Bear, my favorite of the bears, so I was particularly pleased to see one in the book.

Not only does she talk about the different kinds of bears, but at the end of the book is a list of fascinating facts that kids will enjoy learning and sharing.


Job well done, Ms. Child. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment