Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh Myyy! It's George Takei!


Oh Myyy! (There Goes the Internet) –by George Takei

Autobiography
244 pages  3605 KB
Footnotes/Endnotes: no
Suitable for eReaders: yes
5 Stars
  
I bought this book for my Kindle Fire, and 'saved' it for a special occasion. That came on the day I spent 10 hours in the hospital while a friend had open heart surgery. I not only enjoyed the book, but, believe me, I needed it! (The surgery was a success, thanks for asking.)

If you're of an age, and believe me, I am, and faced with the intricacies of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the rest of today's technologies, this is the book to read. No, it isn't a 'how to' book, it's a great romp through George Takei's learning and mastering same. He makes it sound so simple, so easy, and at the same time, doesn't make me feel like I'm such a dunce.

It's like having Mr. Sulu explain all the electronics on the bridge of the Enterprise in language I can actually understand. (But, in that dreamy bass voice of his, would I even hear the words, or just the music?)

For anyone with a great sense of humor, who loves all the geeky stuff, who loves cats, the internet (ok, and George Takei;-) this is the book for you! A fun read, just what the Doctor ordered! Take with lots of laughs, a few chuckles, and a humongous smile!

My only complaint was the pictures were small, and I couldn't get them to expand. That's not Mr. Takei's fault, that's Mr. Kindle's fault. 

No comments:

Post a Comment