Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Erotica for the Silver Haired


Ageless Erotica – Joan Price, Editor

Fiction
336 Page
Footnotes / Endnotes: No
Illustrations: No
Suitable for eReaders: Yes
5 Stars

Full disclosure here, I know one of the contributors.

This collection of 29 stories was written by authors who are 50 years of age, or older. It is a book of erotica for the silver haired. And the stories are wonderful, and a great read before you turn the light out tonight.

Most are about hetero lovers, but not all. The LGBT community is delightfully present. Some of these stories are laugh out loud funny, but all are touching. I don't know if I can pick a favorite. As I read each story, I thought to myself, "Oh, THIS is my favorite" and then I read the next story. They are each so different from the other.

The story about Max, the man with Alzheimer's is sweet and touching – and even educational. The story of the gal who'd been married for years and knew nothing about sex until she stumbled across a copy of "The Joy of Sex" in the bookstore, grabbed it and ran to the Ladies' room where she discovered she had a body was hilarious. And Jaguar Dreams reminds me of my own Jaguar Dream from many years ago.

This is a book about sexy people who have arthritis, are overweight, on various medications, widowed, divorced, or married and how they still find if not true love, the closeness all humans need. Delightful, engaging stories that show we're not over the hill even though our hair is silver (or gone;-)

If you're over 50, this book is for you. I'm keeping my copy so you'll have to buy your own.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this marvelous review! I love your description of the book. Your readers can see a list of the stories and authors here:
    http://www.joanprice.com/books/agelesserotica.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan
    You're so welcome. And thank you for the link.
    Lenora

    ReplyDelete